Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Update: Knitting people are good people

So, my husband has been ill and my work colleagues have been dropping off food and treats. One such shipment showed up with yarn and a lacy scarf pattern. I've been working on it a bit here and there - especially this weekend when the in-laws where here cleaning our house so I couldn't find anything anymore. Strange ritual, no? Confuse the caregiver...

The Scarf, on "the monstrosity" (aka: Double Recliner)
My sister-in-law fell in love with the pattern and said "we need to go to a yarn store so I can make one too!" I was SO THERE!! YES!! YARN STORE!! and then my other Sister-In-Law (the *non* Knitter) said "Don't you have extra needles and yarn that she could use?"

Drat.

"Why yes, I do indeed."

I took SIL1 upstairs to my guest room closet and started yanking canvas 'under the bed storage' bags out; "here's the wool {plonk!} here's the cotton blends {plonk!] here's the Elisabeth Lavold Silkly Wool {Plonk!} (you can't have that), here's the novelty yarns {plonk!}" She picked out a nice green silk/cotton blend and I then helped her pick a nice sized needle to get started with. I should have snapped some photos before she left with it all Sunday. I'm sure she'll be back and we can document.

(I neglected to show her the whole dresser drawer full of 'exotic' yarns. 100% angora, 100% silk, 75% cashmere... There's no way in heck I'm letting that stuff go anywhere but on my needles!)


Detail of the scarf

So, knitting people are good people. You can take that to the bank.

And non-knitting people don't understand that even though you have a closet (and drawer) full of yarn and a canvas organizer full of needles it doesn't mean you don't need to go to a yarn store when times are rough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

crocheting people are just as nice....in fact you might just get hooked on them :-)