Friday, May 11, 2007

One of my better FO's

Before
One of the items I get the most comments on and requests for is my husband's berret.

Ever since I moved in with p~ (almost 11 years ago) he's wanted a black berret. I looked and looked and searched and shopped (and I *hate* shopping) and couldn't find anything like what he wanted.

When I started knitting again, I heard about felting and stumbled across a pattern for a felted berret that looked exactly like what he had been
looking for. I knit it up one Saturday, finishing it outside while he was up on the roof cleaning the gutters. Once he came down I made him try it on. (Note the amusement and nervous laughter peeking out from under the Elephant Man-like hood.)

He clearly didn't believe in the berret.

After a couple of spins in the washing machine and a couple of days drying with a dinner plate inside, he was won over to the wonders of fiber arts.
After - note the lack of laughter
People have stopped p~ when he's out in the wild - asking him where he got it. He enthusiastically explains how his wife made it and walks them through the process. (I've noticed that guys are more fascinated by the process of felting than any other fiber action they hear about or witness.)

I've had people ask to buy one, but I can't figure out how much to charge.

No comments: