Thursday, June 28, 2007

MS3:Pt1.b - Maybe I'm not ready for lace?

What the heck!?
I unpinned my swatch just now (over my lunch break) and I think I need to do at least another one; not just for testing the bind offs but for practicing the pattern.

Now, I was sipping some wine, AND 'Watching' "Drowning Mona" while I worked on this, BUT DANG! It looks like I made a mess of mistakes. Maybe I should have blocked it like I've seen in some of the MS3 photos - with pins pulling all three 'points' down instead of how I did with just the middle point.... something to experiment with tonight.

Guess I'll have to ditch the Martini I've been looking forward to all week. :-(

:~Þ '>-|

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hallo, i just have a look on your swatsh, i wonder vhat number did you use on you needles??
i have vorked vith nr 2.25mm, and i think i cant have bigger, i have no picture yet maybe tomorrow

d~ said...

greetings, marianne.

I used a US size 4. I may do another swatch with a 5 or 6, to see how it looks and to practice looser bind off. I think the US 4 is 3.5mm? But i knit VERY tightly - I usually have to go up at least one size from whatever needle is recommended by a pattern or the yarn label.