Thursday, April 12, 2007

So much to do, so little time


"196" - my coworker's sweetest sheep.
Not the one who's wool I've been carrying around in a big sack, but a cute one nonetheless.


Just to check in - - things have been crazy and I've had little time for knitting or posting. Seems to be a recurring theme for me. Hmm.

Started a variation of the checkerboard baby blanket that will be in the 2008 Stitch 'n' Bitch calendar (see photo on left channel). Using Berroco Touche yarn in green and yellow with a rust/orange *seed stitch* border. Pictures to follow as soon as I get at least 2 rows of blocks knit up.

The big news, however, is that a coworker (in corporate america) runs a side business raising "grass fed" cows, pigs and (hold on to your hand knit socks!) SHEEP.

He brought me a big bag (about 5 lbs) of fleece that he shaved off one of his sheep (Aries) who is part merino. It feels amazing. I start a hand spinning class next weekend and I can't wait to take a sample in to see if the experts can give me an idea if it is "spinable" or not.

Free fleece. Could mean Free Yarn.

I quiver.

No comments: